birding-aus

Black Honeyeaters and Sydney bushfires

To: <>
Subject: Black Honeyeaters and Sydney bushfires
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:22:03 +1000
I don't have too much experience with Black Honeyeaters (only seeing a pair only on one occassion in the Capertee Valley) but I have read in a few books that they often turn up in recently burnt areas to collect charcoal. Does anybody know why? With the drought and Sydney's bush fires, I was thinking that they may turn up in the recently burnt areas within Sydney.

Also how far east towards the coast have Pied Honeyeaters turned up.

Edwin