birding-aus

Coomera Cct [SEQ]

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Coomera Cct [SEQ]
From: Laurie&Leanne Knight <>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 18:13:58 +1000
Leanne and I went for a stroll around the Coomera Circuit today - it's been
about a decade since I was last round that part of Lamington, and we figured it
was time we had a look at the reopened track [closed following landslips].

We rocked up at Binna Burra round 8.30 and cruised out along the Border Track to
the headwaters of the Coomera.  Not too many wombles on the track early -
instead a fair few turkeys and pademelons.  Quite a few whipbirds scratching
about, a male regent bowerbird stretching his wings, and a tame alberts lyrebird
scratching by the track [I could see the scales on his feet].  There were a
couple of logrunners near our morning tea spot in the nothofagus, the fantailed
cuckoos and black faced monarchs were calling, as was the occasional albeit
subdued wompoo.  Not too many birds along the creek, but that is what we
expected.

Today's bird list:

bush turkey
brown cuckoo dove