birding-aus

Trip report: what I did on my holidays (the birds)

To: "" <>
Subject: Trip report: what I did on my holidays (the birds)
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 16:14:26 +1000
Mackay area 25 September - 3 October 2002.
All birds are listed in taxonomic order, by common name only.
199 species total

Emu
Australian Brush-turkey
Orange-footed Scrubfowl
Magpie Goose
Plumed Whistling-Duck
Black Swan
Radjah Shelduck
Australian Wood Duck
Cotton Pygmy-goose
Pacific Black Duck
Grey Teal
Australasian Grebe
Great Crested Grebe

Brown Booby
Darter
Little Pied Cormorant
Pied Cormorant
Little Black Cormorant
Great Cormorant
Australian Pelican
White-faced Heron
Little Egret
White-necked Heron
Great Egret
Intermediate Egret
Cattle Egret
Striated Heron
Nankeen Night Heron
Glossy Ibis
Australian White Ibis
Straw-necked Ibis
Royal Spoonbill
Yellow-billed Spoonbill
Black-necked Stork

Osprey
Pacific Baza
Black-shouldered Kite
Black Kite
Whistling Kite
Brahminy Kite
White-bellied Sea-Eagle
Spotted Harrier
Brown Goshawk
Grey Goshawk
Collared Sparrowhawk
Wedge-tailed Eagle
Brown Falcon
Peregrine Falcon
Nankeen Kestrel
Brolga
Bush-hen
Purple Swamphen
Dusky Moorhen
Eurasian Coot
Australian Bustard

Latham's Snipe
Black-tailed Godwit
Bar-tailed Godwit
Whimbrel
Eastern Curlew
Marsh Sandpiper
Common Greenshank
Terek Sandpiper
Grey-tailed Tattler
Ruddy Turnstone
Great Knot
Red-necked Stint
Sharp-tailed Sandpiper
Curlew Sandpiper
Comb-crested Jacana
Bush Stone-curlew
Beach Stone-curlew
Pied Oystercatcher
Black-winged Stilt
Red-necked Avocet
Pacific Golden Plover
Grey Plover
Red-capped Plover
Lesser Sand Plover
Greater Sand Plover
Oriental Plover
Black-fronted Dotterel
Banded Lapwing
Masked Lapwing

Silver Gull
Gull-billed Tern
Caspian Tern
Crested Tern
Lesser Crested Tern
Little Tern
Fairy Tern
Whiskered Tern
Rock Dove
Spotted Turtledove
Brown Cuckoo-Dove
Emerald Dove
Crested Pigeon
Squatter Pigeon
Peaceful Dove
Bar-shouldered Dove
Wompoo Fruit-Dove
Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove
Pied Imperial Pigeon
Topknot Pigeon

Red-tailed Black Cockatoo
Galah
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Cockatiel
Rainbow Lorikeet
Scaly-breasted Lorikeet
Pale-headed Rosella
Common Koel
Channel-billed Cuckoo
Pheasant Coucal
Barking Owl
White-rumped Swiftlet
Azure Kingfisher
Little Kingfisher
Laughing Kookaburra
Blue-winged Kookaburra
Forest Kingfisher
Sacred Kingfisher
Rainbow Bee-eater
Dollarbird

Noisy Pitta
Red-backed Fairy-wren
Striated Pardalote
White-browed Scrubwren
Large-billed Scrubwren
Brown Gerygone
Mangrove Gerygone
Large-billed Gerygone
Fairy Gerygone
White-throated Gerygone
Brown Thornbill
Helmeted Friarbird
Noisy Friarbird
Little Friarbird
Blue-faced Honeyeater
Yellow-throated Miner
Lewin's Honeyeater
Eungella Honeyeater
Mangrove Honeyeater
Yellow Honeyeater
White-throated Honeyeater
Brown Honeyeater
Bar-breasted Honeyeater
Dusky Honeyeater
Eastern Spinebill
Scarlet Honeyeater

Eastern Yellow Robin
White-browed Robin
Golden Whistler
Rufous Whistler
Little Shrike-thrush
Black-faced Monarch
Spectacled Monarch
White-eared Monarch
Leaden Flycatcher
Magpie-lark
Rufous Fantail
Grey Fantail
Willie Wagtail
Spangled Drongo
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike
White-winged Triller
Varied Triller

Olive-backed Oriole
Figbird
White-breasted Woodswallow
Black-faced Woodswallow
Black Butcherbird
Pied Butcherbird
Australian Magpie
Pied Currawong
Torresian Crow
Regent Bowerbird
Great Bowerbird
Singing Bushlark
Australian Pipit

House Sparrow
Zebra Finch
Double-barred Finch
Plum-headed Finch
Red-browed Finch
Nutmeg Mannikin
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin
Yellow-bellied Sunbird
Mistletoebird
Welcome Swallow
Fairy Martin
Clamorous Reed-Warbler
Tawny Grassbird
Rufous Songlark
Golden-headed Cisticola
Silvereye

DISCLAIMER:This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
School. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments
for the presence of viruses. The School accepts no liability for any damage