birding-aus

Orange-bellied Parrot in even more danger

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Orange-bellied Parrot in even more danger
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

It never fails to amaze me that one section of a community tries all it can to hang on to what we are given by GOD whilst thee other????? I think many on thee world's best email list might be interested in this item below.

JAG: Potters off to post a magpie to Unca Tones Caravan? I wonder if Tones dresses like Lozza of the north when he goes off with his Car mel caravan? did you know many USA citizens are sighting an Oz white backed magpie in the USA? this one is riding a caravan too? :^D>>>

VICTORIA: Ref. No. 2002/820 - Wind Power Pty Ltd/Energy generation and supply/South Gippsland/VIC/Establishment of a 6 turbine windfarm near Wonthaggi - Invitation for Public Comment on Referral (due 14 October 2002).

Description: Wind Power Pty Ltd is proposing to construct and operate a 6 turbine windfarm on a property 2.5km west of Wonthaggi.  The turbines will consist of a 75m tower and contain a 3 blade rotor with a radius of 35m.

Potential controlling provisions:

(a) ss.18 and 18A (listed threatened species - Orange-bellied Parrot, River Swamp Wallaby-grass, Cream Spider-orchid, Slaty Leek-orchid, Dense Leek-orchid, Leafy Greenhood); and

(b) ss.20 and 20A (listed migratory species - White-bellied Sea-eagle, White-throated Needletail, Satin Flycatcher, Rufous Fantail, Orange-bellied Parrot).

Do you Yahoo!?