With the drought and total fire bans , we decided
not to camp as originally planned but stayed Sunday night in Mudgee and
went out early to White Box Camp and back through Merriwa. Not many birds
Highlights were :
1. Emu near Byolong .
2. Red capped Robins at Munghorn Gap in the car
3. Brown Goshawk on nest at Avisford Reserve ,
4. Clamorous Reed Warbler on nest at O'Brien's
Crossing ( on the road to White Box Camp)
5. Southern Whiteface x 2 just before White Box
Camp in Goulborn River National Park
6. Also here were 6 White browed Babblers & 2
7.At White Box Camp Brown Treecreepers x 5, a
group of Buff-rumped Thornbills and 1 Spotted Quailthrush(female) and three
8. At the dam nearly opposite the WBC
entrance was a pair of Hooded Robins , a Diamond Firetail came in to
9. On the way to Merriwa, just inside the GRNP
boundary stopped for a Common Bronzewing on the road and a male Red-capped
Robin flew across.
10. 2 x Pallid Cuckoos , 1 before Merriwa and 1
11. Brown Songlark (female) at
Missed out on Turquoise Parrot , Woodswallows (
except Dusky ) and as we found nothing flowering none of the "Western"
Honeyeaters I was hoping for.