birding-aus

Foxes in Tasmania again

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Foxes in Tasmania again
From: "Ecology Solutions" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:37:19 +1000
Hi all,

Just a quick note for those interested in the fox debarcle. Since this remains perhaps the worst ecological distaster to face Tasmania since the arrival of European settlers, I guess it is worth keep dipping into the subject.

I can't remember what was last said but I was watching a documentary the other day which stated that the sum total of funding received (after about 6 months haggling) from the federal government to tackle foxes, was $400,000.

The sum speaks for itself. Presumably the only invaders from the north that the government is prepared to combat are those that arrive on boats from Indonesia.

Regards,

Simon.

Simon Mustoe - Director

AES Applied Ecology Solutions Pty Ltd.
59 Joan Avenue
Ferntree Gully
Melbourne
Victoria 3156
AUSTRALIA

Telephone 03 9762 2616
International Telephone +61 (0) 3 9762 2616
Mobile 0405 220830
Website www.ecology-solutions.com.au