birding-aus

RFI: Longreach

To: <>
Subject: RFI: Longreach
From: "Joy Tansey" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:44:29 +1000
Hi All.

I seem to the source of all information for the cyber-challenged. Another friend is heading off for some birwatching and would like information on the following:

          With a departure date of 12 Sept, they are planning to travel up the Kidman Way to Longreach, with a westward diversion to Eulo bore.Not sure if returning home the same route or heading across to the coast. Any info about good spots (particularly the Cobar, Bourke, EULO, Charleville route) along the way gratefully received.
           The following species are of particular interest: Halls Babbler,Chestnut-breasted quail-thrush, Bourkes parrot, Plum-headed finch,Spotted bowerbird,Gibberbird, Flock bronzewing, Grey falcon(may not be quite in its area).

Many thanks in advance for your help. Email me direct and I will print it off for my friend.

Joy Tansey
Kensington, Vic