birding-aus

Point Cook, Vic

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Point Cook, Vic
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:54:10 +1000
I only found BSKs (no Letter-Wings) at Werribee (Western Treatment Plant) late yesterday afternoon.  I didn’t really see anything unusual in the thousands of fabulous birds, but I was surprised to see BT Native Hens at several places I hadn’t seen them before (e.g. Out in the paddocks near the end of South Road where it joins the Freeway).  There were more Pink-eared Ducks, Aussie Shovelers and Musk Ducks than I’ve seen before, but as I only had a couple of hours I didn’t attempt a count.

Now I know why everyone is so keen to take a companion to the Farm – I think I had to get out and open a gate every 10 minutes.  Must be part of the new management plan – lock every gate on the place!  Still, I’d rather that, and still have access.  It’s such a magical place.

Cheers

Russell W