birding-aus

Black-eared Cuckoo at Point Cook (Vic)

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Black-eared Cuckoo at Point Cook (Vic)
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 00:04:49 +1000
Hi Bob and birding-aus members,
     I also saw the waders but being rather hopeless at identifying them,
put them in the 'too hard/too far away' section of my notes.
    I hope someone else finds the Black-eared Cuckoo as I suspect it would
be an unusual/rare sighting for this area. It couldn't be confused with a
Bronze-cuckoo as it has no markings other than the black facial stripe and
bars on its undertail.
    It was great meeting you today as it's always nice to put a face to a
name.
    Happy birding
    Marlene