birding-aus

RFI--Western Australia/ Renmark to Shepparton

Subject: RFI--Western Australia/ Renmark to Shepparton
From: "Randall McFarlane" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:18:21 -0400
Hello--My wife and I will be vacationing in Australia for three weeks in
November (our sixth visit!), and are planning to spend about eleven days
in SW and S WA driving from Perth to Margaret River (two nights) to
Albany (four nights) to Esperance (three nights) and back to Perth (one
night ER Perth, one night in Perth).We've taken a close look at Frank
O'Connor's and BAWA's excellent websites (in fact, we've joined Birds
Australia, and are getting the BAWA newsletter), among others, but we'd
be very grateful for any information (a private reply would be great)
from individual aus-birders on good birding and wildflower spots along
that route, on any reliable guides we might be able to hire in those
locales for a day or half day of birding, and on anything else that you
think it would be useful for us to know. Also, on a later part of the
trip, we will be making a one-day drive from Renmark (SA) to Shepparton
(VIC), and would appreciate any tips on birding spots along the way
(although we have to get to Shepparton by about 4 p.m., so must proceed
relatively efficiently).

Many thanks for any help you'll be able to give us.

Randall McFarlane
818 Villa Ridge Rd.
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
USA