birding-aus

Fly-Day Quiz

Subject: Fly-Day Quiz
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

G?day to my fly~day Quiz~lings,

Ten of my best bird related questions to keep your gray cells ticking and twitching over.

  1. What color is the mouth lining of a male and a female Rufous Songlark, during mating season?
  2. Which bird, according to the great David Attenborough, builds it?s nest on the wall and roof of a deep cave, with no available natural light?
  3. What are thee most prolific, wild birds, seen in Canterbury, Kent, England during spring?
  4. What bird lives at the coldest known location on planet earth? And how does it keep its feet warm? No, Unca Tones it doesn?t have a contract with *Holeproof socks*
  5. Which bird lives at one of thee hottest parts of planet earth and what unusual method does it use to supply a drink to its chicks?
  6. The New Zealand Kea has an unusual beak shape, why is this so?
  7. What is thee biggest threat to wild birds and why? (Please answer this question in eight words or less)
  8. What is the latest known number count for the "Whooping Crane"? (Grus americana)
  9. What is the head coloring difference of a winter and breeding "Caspian Tern"?
  10. What is the range and normal beach habitat of "Baird?s Sandpiper"?

I hope you enjoy the above quiz, most answers can be found at www.abc.net.au or by using www.google.com

I?ve got two prizes to give away, to the first two, completely correct entries, wins.

That question 2! Has still got me scratching my head? How the heck do they do it? the birds that is? And I wonder what humans would create under the same conditions and with the same time constraint schedule?

Send email answers to before August the 6th., 2002

Do You Yahoo!?