birding-aus

Chestnut-breasted Whiteface Stakeout

To: Ken Rogers <>
Subject: Chestnut-breasted Whiteface Stakeout
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:08:42 +1000
Hi All,
Firstly I would like to congratulate Ken on finding a species that I have yet to
see, but would just like to add a note of caution when giving 'stake-outs' over
the web.
Several years ago I found traps at a well-known Black-breasted Button-Quail site
near Yarraman, Qld and fairly recently birders were issuing similar precise
reports on finding the species near Rainbow Beach.  I was told that this could
also have been the reason behind the loss of a Red Goshawk nesting in Cape York.

Please use discretion and issue precise instructions in private rather than
publically.
Tom

--
Tom and Marie Tarrant