birding-aus

Here goes with my letter I'm trying to get through to everyone !

To: <>
Subject: Here goes with my letter I'm trying to get through to everyone !
From: "Paul Rose" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:52:31 +1000
Speaking on behalf of Wesley College, I am asking for some assistance from you on suggestions for an appropriate person to attend an official opening of our Enviro Theme Wall.  This wall has been recently constructed and is made from over 1100 tiles designed by the same number of students under the theme of "Conservation of Australia".
This amazing achievement was undertaken this past World Enviro Day.  Some of you may be aware of our endeavour last year, at which time we had all 1100 students out on one of our footy ovals, spelling out  "World Enviro Day 2001".  Helicopter images were broadcast on the national news networks.  These students are very committed to many campus, local and national environmental initiatives and would love to showcase their work.
My path to date :
We have been knocked back by the Environment Minister;  astonished at the cost to fly Ian Kiernan, founder and current Chairman of Clean Up Australia, from Sydney  (had to be first class Qantas due to them being an official sponsor);  our wonderful Olivia Newton-John will unfortunately be in the US promoting her new album; and last but not least, both the president and executive director of the ACF are overseas at that time also.

I see it as a wonderful opportunity for our students to listen to, share and showcase ideas about environmental initiatives at our local and national levels.  These are our future carers for our planet and they cherish what they have ben able to accomplish as a community.
We will be arranging media coverage on the day and providing a luncheon in order that our Enviro Leaders, staff and invited guests may mingle and share ideas on full tummies.

Any and all suggestions welcome.  My apology for the length of this e-mail but this is a very passionate issue for me which I refuse to let pass by.

There must be one influential, passionate, dedicated, dynamic and available spokesperson for our environment willing to share in this special day !!!!

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul Rose
Year 9 Purple Team