birding-aus

Little Tern info for kids

Subject: Little Tern info for kids
From: jilldening <>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 12:22:54 +1000
Help, please someone..........

For all the time I spend on terns, I was without an answer to a request
for help from a local councillor whose daughter has to do a school
project on an endangered species, and who chose the Little Tern.

I have a ton on information on Little Terns, but it is all in serious
tomes in the form of adult-oriented specific information, and I have
nothing a child can use to put together a project from a conservation
angle.

I have looked at websites, which all refer to overseas issues for the
species. (I am hopeless at searching the net.)I am seeking general
information on the endangered population of the Australian-breeding
Little Tern (Sterna albifrons). There may be a child-friendly site
which discusses issues related to the Little Tern in Australia.

If anyone can help, I shall be very grateful. (By the way, A Year on
the Wing is exclusively waders, no terns.)

Cheers,

Jill