birding-aus

Carrying field guides and backpacks

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Carrying field guides and backpacks
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:34:07 +1000
Combining this discussion with the one about seated birdwatching; I have a small backpack that folds into a seat. It is great. I have had it for 20 years. It has been all over the place with me, yet is still in top condition. It is big enough to carry enough for your average half day stroll. It is adequately comfortable to carry. It is not an armchair but quite good to sit on. It always amazes me that the camping goods shops don't seem to have them, although Target and maybe similar emporia have an inferior quality version called a fishing stool.

Philip