birding-aus

Hastings Point

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Hastings Point
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:52:05 +1000
In light of my previous posting of today, I would like to recommend Hastings
Point to anyone with mobility problems.

There are many better places to view sea birds but very few have the access
of Hastings Point.  The parking area on top of the point has plenty of
space, is free, has no kerbing to negotiate and is only metres from the edge
of the point over a relatively level and smooth grassy area.

I can highly recommend it to anyone (able or disabled) passing through.  You
may not see many birds but the scenery is great and the setting even better.
The only problem is that the toilets at the bottom of the hill are not as
disabled friendly.

Terry Pacey