birding-aus

Tuckfields Tea, Bird Card sets

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Tuckfields Tea, Bird Card sets
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

Quite a while ago I believe Ralph Reid and others on the worlds best email list, were emailling one and other about the beaut bird card set giving out by Tuckfields with their Tea. Last night I was gassing with Unca Tones about good bargains and special places to shop for competition prizes etc., etc., as is life with me, when I talk to the sowf fozzie fella, then life on the next day takes that unusual TERN? :^D>>>

Today: A good friend of mine here in Hastings, that likes to paint birds, shows me his complete set of Tuckfields bird cards with their original books. Then he says "Hey Gammo I've got quite a few of doubles all in good nick, would you like them as competition prizes?"

He then picked me up from the floor, openned then wafted Tones olde olde bottle under my nose, coughing and spluttering I asked did you really say that? :^D>>> he did, and he is serious about it.

So all I can remember is a lady called Barbara? I think? was after some of these cards? he's got nearly a complete set of back-ups or doubles as they were called.

If anyone is interested? send an email to asap before he puts them out as prizes.

Was there 400 in a complete set? I must admit they are very well presented cards in prime condition.

Regards from open ticketed ex-engine driver, all steamed up, John A. Gamblin .... hmm I've just got a report of some falcons being kept inside a steel plant to keep the pigeons and doves away?

Do You Yahoo!?