birding-aus

Caloundra sandbanks, SEQld - returned migrants

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Caloundra sandbanks, SEQld - returned migrants
From: jilldening <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:47:31 +1000
Hi All,

Quick note to say that we saw the first returned Eastern Curlew last
Thursday, July 18. (The past two years show returns of July 23 and 27) All
winter we have had 0-1 Eastern Curlew, and suddenly we had eight, operating
as a group. Then yesterday a friend was boating deep in the Pumicestone
Passage (same waterway) and saw 180 Eastern Curlew at a regular spot. This
is about twice the number we have seen during the winter.

Cheers,

Jill
--
Jill Dening