birding-aus

Small bird paradise

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Small bird paradise
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 02:08:43 -0700 (PDT)

G'day All,

I recently had the pleasure with meeting up with David Burren and we walked the latest section of the Western Port boardwalk .... trying my best, unsuccessfully, to relocate the Released Eastern Spinebill family for him. As luck can be, I missed David's email by a day .... re: him wanting some photo's? but we headed off along the Hastings foreshore in search of the released family .... then headed up northwards heading towards Somerville ... along the very new section of the boardwalk. A good gathering of fieldwren and then today when I went back yet again I saw a pair of fairy wren and very small wrens? I'm not one hundred percent sure but feel they may be Weebils?

So David, as luck has it, guess what I saw near to the marker this am?, close in to the tree replanting area! just where I said I had released them? pesky little critters eh? grrrr oh well next time when I see a few gathered I'll let you know asap.

Has anyone on the woirld's best email list seen any studywork of the Australasian Pelican? I'm interested in their behaviour patterns? due to a recent event seen in Hastings?

Many thanks if you think you may be able to help ... drop me an email if you would like to know more about what is now becoming a long walk BUT a great birding and twitchers treasure around Western Port Bay. Hmmmm what a great funds raiser idea this could be?

Take Care everyone on these cold nights, John A. Gamblin

Do You Yahoo!?