birding-aus

birding spots?

Subject: birding spots?
From: Michael Pfenningschmidt <>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:50:32 +0200
Hello everyone,

I am a German birder, who has visited lovely Australia already six times. I will come to Australia again from the 21th of July till the 24th
of August with my family. As longyear birders and outbackfans the three of us will start our tour with a Toyota outbackcamper in Adelaide
and will fly home again from Cairns. Can anybody of you folks possibly mail me some special birdingspots for interesting birds along our trip, which are
not listenened in the average tourguide and might be esspecially good for the winterseason.

Peticulary interesting lifers would be for us:
  • Cassowary
  • Freckled Duck
  • Hooded Plover
  • Swift Parrot
  • Alexandra's Parrot
  • Bourke's Parrot
  • Rose Robin
  • Western Whipbird!
  • Spotted Quail-thrush
  • Emu Wrens
  • Regent Honeyeater!
  • Back-eared Miner!
  • Eastern Spinebill
  • Yellow Chat
  • Gibberbird
  • Beautiful Firetail
  • Gouldian Finch
  • Golden Bowerbird

So far this is, how our tour will look like:
  • Adelaide region between Kangaroo Island and Waikerie
  • Flinders Range
  • Gammon NP
  • Birdsville or Strzelecki Track (which one would be better to watch birds?)
  • Simpson Desert via Rig Road
  • Finke: Andado Track or Old Ghan Track? (which one is the better one?)
  • Alice Springs
  • Darwin with Fogg Dam and Mary River NP
  • Gulf Savannah Track from Mataranka to Normanton
  • Queensland Cost from Ingham to Cooktown
Hopefully you will mail me alot and show once more how nice and friendly the Australian people are, as I experienced numerously
on my last trips.
See you in a few weeks,
Michael and family

m("tiscali.de","mpfenning");">