birding-aus

robins Sydney listers

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: robins Sydney listers
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:51:29 +0100
Hi all/ Margret,
Sorry but I misled everyone in my message re robins, it should have read "
saw the red capped and a pair of scarlets last week at Castlereagh, saw a
Flame at Richmond last Thursday.
I was basicly talking about the red breasted robins, the Rose is common in
the winter months, I dont think there is any where you can see a Hooded in
the area known as the County of Cumberland which constitutes the Sydney
list area.  There are only two confirmed records of the Pink, and it is the
Flame Robin which is the rarest of the red breasted robins. The
Castlereagh/ Agnes Banks area usualy produce a couple of Red capped each
winter and the Scarlet is recorded from a four or five locations, I dont
know of any reliable sites for the Flame, but all of them are very rare in
the Sydney Area.
For those that dont know the boundaries of the County of Cumberland, they
are 32km off the east coast, northern and western boundaries are the
Hawkesbury and Nepean Rivers the Southern limit is the Cateract River and
Dam then onto the coast at about Bulli.

Keith Brandwood