birding-aus

RFI South-western WA

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI South-western WA
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:43:24 +1000
Hello everyone

Am looking to holiday in south-western WA in August and/or September.  Mainly
looking at a possible 25 bird lifers (excluding
any pelagics and waders I might be lucky enough to also see).  I have a list of
about another 9 birds where it's possible to
see them in WA (even though I could have or should have seen them by now in NSW
where I live!).  So I'm looking forward to
lots of new goodies.  I am of course particularly interested in the birds I can
only see in the south western corner of WA.
In this respect I am well aware of the Noisy Scrub-bird and Western Bristlebird
at Two People Bay.

I also have a particular interest in native orchids and a general interest in
other plants, mammals, reptiles etc.

Will have the freedom of a car all the way.  I'm looking to concentrate on the
general triangle bordered by (1)  Kalbarri in
the north (and maybe Monkey Mia but no further north otherwise due to time
restrictions), (2)  Augusta/Albany and (3)
Esperance in the east.

I would very much appreciate all recommendations relating to birds and native
orchids.  Any other generally good bushwalking
areas for other aspects of nature would also be gratefully received.  Any
pelagics from Perth during August or September?

Additionally, can anyone comment on whether I should book accommodation in
advance, as I know that the SW corner is popular
during this wildflower season?

Huge thanks

Irene Denton

Newsletter Editor,  NSW Bird Atlassers
Preferred email address for NSW BA Newsletter correspondence: