birding-aus

prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port

To: "S.P" <>
Subject: prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
G'day Snez,
Pssssst I'm glad your still talking to me after the
last big stuff up by me, for which I am most sincerely
sorry .... anyways they "The Whales" have been in the
bay for about a week, I didn't let everyone know
straight away due to the last time we had the Southern
Right Whales visit and use Western Port as a maternity
ward ....

I ask should Mr. and Mrs. Evans open a fresh bread
shop close to Western Port Bay?

Because if they do then we could all sing that famous
Whales song to the Whales?

"Bread of Evans,"
"Bread of Evans,"
"Feeeeed us now and Heather Moore,"
"Feed us now and evermore,"

~:^D>>>> puts my ear to the ground to hope to hear a
Plunkett chuckle !!!! have a good day, I think we
could start a new movement here in Oz? Helicopter
watching? the USA peoples call them whirlybirds right?
and each time I've let the BA list know about events
in Western Port it's amazing how they congregate
locally!

Hehehe I like the new coffee house home made cookie
shop close to the pub called "Molinda" the coffee they
serve is thee best.

I must drop that superb crew at the ABC a line and
thank them for last night's CAT~a~lyst show, did you
see it? a fine mix of fellows showing those they love
how clever they are.

Ooroo JAG De Whag

Lots of unusual gulls close by? plus an increase in my
lovely little Pelicans .... something is going to
heppen I betcha ...

Though you probably know...

Subject: Latest news - prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:22:02 +1000
Latest news - prob. 5 Humpbacks, Western Port

For your interest, the no. of probable Humpbacks in
Western Port is 5. They appear to be commuting from
Cowes in the morning back to Stoney / Crib Point in
the afternoon. The wind is set to drop to~20 knots
this
afternoon/ evening and may be a good time to have a
look. The animals have been seen right next to Crib
point jetty and have been seen in the area for several
days.