birding-aus

Swift Parrots at South West Rocks

To: birding <>
Subject: Swift Parrots at South West Rocks
From: scouler <>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 13:21:37 +1000
Last Thursday 23 May, with Bruce Cox, John Duranti and Bob Way, I saw at
least 100 Swift Parrots feedng in eucalypts in the grounds of the South
West Rocks Tourist Park. We were in  South West Rocks  not looking for
(and not finding) the Northern Shoveler. The other highlight of the trip
was a superb view of a Noisy Pitta, from the range of about 5 metres,
the day before on the rainforest walk near the caravan park at
Harrington.

Bruce is sending a report to Debbie Saunders re the SPs.

Colin Scouler

Scanned by PeNiCillin http://safe-t-net.pnc.com.au/