birding-aus

Fwd: [UKBN] From a Maltese point of view

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Fwd: [UKBN] From a Maltese point of view
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:02:23 -0400
Fri, 10 May 2002 18:55:23 -0400
 Reply  Reply All  Forward    Delete          Printer Friendly Version

From: "Iain Robson" <>

I make no apologies for posting this message from my friend Edward in
Malta, can any of you imagine if this was happening in the UK? Think about
it!

Edward Wrote:

  Iain,

we are all ashamed of being Maltese at the moment. Yesterday afternoon the
largest fall of honey buzzards ever recorded in Malta was observed. I
reckon about 2000 birds were seen (I still have to do decent totals). I
managed to see 700 in 2 hrs from my roof (1 flock of 250). Hundreds of
these birds were shot especially in the south. ALE had only one car at
their disposition so they couldn't do much. Injured and dead birds are
being found throughout the islands as you have probably already heard. Yes,
the hunting this spring was very bad. Many honey buzzards had already been
shot last weekend from Gozo.

That is all for now from this miserable island of Malta.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Ed

Join BirdLife Malta

Support Proact