birding-aus

Re: Crested Pigeon

To: <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: Crested Pigeon
From: "Peter Horler" <>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 13:07:10 +1000
Having only seen Crested Pigeons in pairs or small groups (up to 4 or 5)
previously, I was surprised yesterday morning to see two larger groups less
than 100 metres apart.

7 were sitting together (taking up about a meter of space) on a power cable
between the street and a Scout hut.  The other 12 were on a large aerial, in
two groups of 6, again sitting really close together, each group on an arm
of the aerial's V and next to its vertical pole.

Over 10 years or so of observing Crested Pigeons I cannot recall seeing them
in groups like these.

Regards
Peter