birding-aus

Future Reports on Kurnell Shorebird Lagoon sightings, Botany Bay - Part

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Future Reports on Kurnell Shorebird Lagoon sightings, Botany Bay - Part 1 of ?
From: "Bruce Roubin" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:06:50 +1000
Dear birding_Aus readers,

Since it's in my local patch and it suits my interests, I've been "handed the baton" by Marc Anderson for updating the cumulative list of bird species sighted at the artificial Kurnell Shorebird Lagoon (formerly designated simply "H1" - located on the southern shores of Botany Bay).
Please report to me in future any species to add to the list below, which is to the best of our knowledge up-to-date.
I don't need reminding however that such lists are of no real use to researchers
- so as a member of the Botany Bay Wader Count Team (convened by Phil Straw in cooperation with NSW Parks & Wildlife),
I would also be grateful for counts - past or present -  from any birders who visits this site .
I can mail you a form on request.
For my convenience, please report the following if it's not too much trouble:
  • Observers
  • Time from and to
  • Weather:
          Temp
          Wind - calm, light breeze (1-15km), mod (15-30km), strong
          Precipitation - fine/sunny; fine/cloud; fog; drizzle; rain; hail
  • Tide in Botany Bay (within 2 hrs): H, L, Incoming or Outgoing
  • Species & Count
  • Any incidental notes of interest

Anyway, I will still be grateful just for the plain counts per species.
List follows in separate emails (not sure yet on how many parts - due to size limits on Birding_aus not matching what my PC tells me).

Kind Regards,
Bruce Roubin