birding-aus

Subject: MIME-Version: 1.0
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:33:20 +1000
All observations of marked birds can be sent to the Australian Bird and
Bat Banding Scheme.  All studies involving the marking of birds MUST be
registered through this organisation.  The postal address of the ABBBS is
P.O. Box 8, Canberra ACT 2602.  Alternatively e-mail

I am continually surprised that people are not aware of what is happening
on the research front.  I can only assume that many people on this list
are NOT members of Birds Australia.  Most researchers go to great lengths
to ensure that people likely to encounter their marked animals are aware
of who to pass this information onto.

I am reluctant to provide direct contact details of researchers due to the
continued anti-research rubbish that appears on birding-aus.  This in
itself is very sad.  The ABBBS will forward all records to the relevant
researcher.

For the record, I am the person to forward all sightings of Regent
Honeyeaters, banded or not.

Cheers

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator
NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
P.O. Box 2111
Dubbo  NSW  2830
Ph: 02 6883 5335 or Freecall 1800 621 056
Fax: 02 6884 9382

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message may be
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service.