birding-aus

Birds on beaches

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Birds on beaches
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All and TeePee,

I really don't know what all this fuss is about, re:
naked birds on beaches? we were born this way
afterall,
soon as the planet heats up we made not need clothes
or clothing? but the number of naked birds I have had
on my hand in my life is countless! some big, some
small, it doesn't take too long though for them to
sprout feathers ~:^]

JAG De Whag building a pentium with observing beaks
..... nope not the legal eagle variety.

Terry Pacey <> wrote:

Steve,

Just south of Broken Head (between Byron Bay and
Ballina NSW) there is a beach that was/is(?) also used
for nude bathing. At this site, there is dry scrub
right up to the edge of the beach.

On one occasion, I was chasing a Little Shrike-thrush
through the scrub and suddenly found myself, eyes
still clamped firmly on the binos, stepping out into
the open on to the beach. Much shouting and fist
shaking soon informed me of the situation and I beat a
VERY hasty retreat from the numerous nudes only 20
metres or so away. The bathers looked much closer (I
hesitate to say bigger) with the binos.

My wife and children (clothed), further down the
beach, helped me pack the car and leave much earlier
than expected.

Terry Pacey