birding-aus

I'm tired and I want to go home.

To: "Jag" <>
Subject: I'm tired and I want to go home.
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:41:41 +0930
Dear birding aussers, I am writing to you from Penrice Saltfields in South Oz., this being probably the last opportunity I have before having to fly off somewhere else. I'm feeling quite depressed lately for a number of reasons. One is that over the last couple of weeks only one or two people have bothered to come and see me in my resplendent breeding plumage - I'm really much more attractive dressed this way than in the drab old colours I had when I first arrived here. The second reason I'm feeling a bit down, and incidentally one of the reasons I'm still here, is that because I'm so far off my usual migratory flight path that I don't really know which way to go in order to get back to where I belong - I really miss all my rellies up there in the Americas you know.  Is there anyone out there who could direct me from where I am at 34 41 00s, 138 30 00e back in the direction of say Mexico or somewhere near there ?  I think 24 30 34n, 107 20 14w would do me and I might meet up with some rellies going north to Canada.  It's no good following all the Bar-tailed Godwits around here 'cos they'll all go north up to that nasty cold Arctic region, brrr.  That would really make my feathers curl up.  If anyone can help or would even like to come and visit me I'm online at
Yours sincerely,
Harold Hudwit  (aka Limosa haemastica)