birding-aus

Braeside Park, Melbourne VIC

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Braeside Park, Melbourne VIC
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:33:40 +1100
I spent this morning 'looking up' on a most productive (especially for me!), enjoyable morning with the BAYBOCA group at my favourite local park. (Braeside Park, Lower Dandenong Rd, Braeside. 88 D8)   I seem to recall the final roll call at 57 species?  and I seem to have managed not to have listed all, especially the ones I didn't see of course.  Could anyone who was present kindly let me know the missing.  Even at 45 it is my best count ever anywhere.  It certainly shows the advantage of attending group outings with much more experienced birders present.   Afterwards some of us whizzed to Edithvale Wetlands and were completely entertained by a Black-shouldered Kite being bravely harassed by two Willie Wagtails RIGHT in front of the viewing window.  The Wagtails won!  A great day.  Thanks Tania.

My Birds at Braeside;
Striated Pardalote
Spotted Pardalote
Red-rumped Parrot