birding-aus

Autumn Birds

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Autumn Birds
From: "Graham" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:10:15 +1100
Giday all,
                   adding to the list of autumn sightings for my backyard has been skewed a little by the bushfires. The gang-gangs which are a regular autumn/winter visitor have been very active for the last 2 months, so maybe the fires arent all bad.

The other autumn observation was a flock of bee-eaters flying north on sunday. I couldn't see them but they were low and loud and quite clearly heading north.

As yet, no sign of the Yellow-faced Honeyeaters which pass over my back yard by the thousands every autumn.

Cheers
Graham Turner
Blaxland, Lower Blue Mountains