birding-aus

Freshwater Lake

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Freshwater Lake
From: "David Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:14:19 +1100
Hi Folks,

I spent a very pleasant 1/2 hour or so this evening at Freshwater Lake near the Grampians. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of birds on the lake. The list of birds is below including a Red-kneed Dotterel which is a new bird for me. Does anyone know if this species is rare in Western Vic?

Red-kneed Dotterel
Black Swan
Pacific Black Duck
Musk Duck