birding-aus

Re: Missing Telescope.

Subject: Re: Missing Telescope.
From: stannard <>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 01:58:55 +0000
G`Day Everybody,
I have just had two very keen Birdwatchers from the U.K. stay with me,
David King & Stephen Hibbard, they have just told me of trouble they had
while down South in Victoria and thought that this network could be of
help.   Whilst staying in Echuca [Victoria, Australia]they had their car
broken into and an awful lot of equipment was allegedly removed. The
only thing that has been recovered so far was, one backpack and several
articles of clothing, which was found scattered in the bushes the next
day. What was not recovered, amongst other things, was a very rare [To
Australia]and expensive, state of the art, spotting scope, it is called,
The Evolution Telescope, it is designed to be used on the shoulder and
has a side mounted eyepiece, it is made of carbon fibre, Length 400mm,
Dia 135mm and weighs 1800g, Min Mag 30x Max 180x, it is clearly stamp
marked, EVOLUTION on the side. I have a brochure of this scope and
believe me this is an awesome piece of gear. If anybody has knowledge of
this equipment could they please notify Echuca Police or contact the
owner David King at < .com>. David & Stephen are now
driving & Birdwatching their way down South, destination Tassie,they
will both be in Australia until May 2002.
Thanking you all in anticipation.
Ron   Stannard.   K.P.B.W.L.