birding-aus

Sulphur-crested Cockatoos & PBFD

To: "Graham" <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: Sulphur-crested Cockatoos & PBFD
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:31:03 +1100
Re: my previous note. It says that "The following is a quick summary from Shephard (1994) Aviculture in Australia." However, I misled you a bit by adding sentences in the wrong sequence. That book is about captive birds. My statement  "It tends to run in wild populations for a few years then decline" is NOT derived from that book. It is just an opinion based on my impression of when I have encountered it in wild populations.

Philip