birding-aus

Coombabah Reserve - SE Qld

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Coombabah Reserve - SE Qld
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:25:08 +1000
Thanks to all those who sent their comments last time we talked about the
@@&^* who tried to burn out the reserve (18 fires in two weeks).

Things seemed to settle down for a while after the reward, police dogs, etc
were introduced to the area.  There were fires elsewhere where great damage
was caused.  Two youths were arrested for this.

Today, there has been another fire at Coombabah and large areas have been
destroyed.  The fire has probably spread through the areas which support
koalas and Powerful Owls.  I didn't check on this as the fires are still
burning and the fire-fighters were in attendance.

Is hanging still legal or perhaps we could send them to Victoria dressed as
ducks and turn them loose.

Terry Pacey
Gold Coast