birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant.

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Western Treatment Plant.
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:33:23 +1100
Note; there was a G lock on the Gate off Point Wilson Road at Paradise Road,
the G2 lock was just attached through a link in the chain, the G lock held
the two ends of the chain together.  It is very annoying if you come in
through Beach Road and hope to exit by Paradise Road and  then have to turn
around and go all the way back.  I will phone the office on Monday.
It was an excellent day there.   Most of the waders were down on the Summer
Lagoons, there was a Double-banded Plover there among the many thousand
waders.  At Kirk's Point there were Golden Plover and Ruddy Turn-stones.
Just inside the Beach Road Gate into Lake Borrie  the Freckled Duck were
still sitting on the same rock.  Lake Borrie is covered in duck, mainly
Pink-eared.  Plenty of Musk Duck in other ponds.  At the Paradise Road
Lagoons there were  3 Cape Barren Geese and Clive Minton saw a Wood Duck
there too, these  are not usually seen on the Farm.  The Crested Grebe was
still on Little River,
We now have 4 very detailed maps of the Treatment Plant,  and so if you want
one I can attach the maps and send to you by email.  I hope to get GPS
readings onto the maps soon.  That would really help when people are trying
to describe the position of a  particular bird.
Shirley Cameron