birding-aus

Malta

Subject: Malta
From: "david camilleri" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:52:58 -0500
Dear Tony:

You are right and totally agree with you.
You can send this message to the Maltese newspapers, below are the emails.

Editor, Malta Independent mailto:
Editor, Times of Malta: mailto:
President, Prof. Guido de Marco mailto:

Cheers,

david camilleri

Please now go to < http://proaction.tripod.com/malta/ >
< http://proaction.tripod.com/team/
<  http://www.MaltaTouristAction.org

From: "Tony Russell" <>
To: "david camilleri" <>
CC: "birds" <>
Subject: Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Killing of swans damaging to eco-tourism in Malta
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:27:19 +1030

It's easily fixed David - get the laws changed and have the police
instructed to shoot the hunters, like happens in parts of Africa with
elephant hunters.  And ban the ownership of any sort of firearms.
It only takes the govt to have some degree of resolve about it, or be
considered equally to blame.
What I've read from you so far only indicates window dressing by the Maltese
Govt.
If it weren't affecting the tourism industry I doubt the Govt would care two
hoots about killing wildlife.

Tony.