birding-aus

Trip to Manchester via Asia

To: <>
Subject: Trip to Manchester via Asia
From: "Paul Rose" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:01:53 +1100
Hello one and all and a happy new year since this is my first writing.
I'm sure I'll see some of you at Edithvale this weekend.

I am searching for some insights and recommendations on the best stopover in Asia for a trip that I am taking to England during the late March/early April school break.  I would like to stop for 3-4 days, get into the city and out just as quickly, settling in a diverse area where I can maximise my birding in a region that I have never visited before.

As background I am a seasoned birder who many of you have corresponded with already and since arriving in Australia some 3 years ago have been itching to make the break into Asia now that I am in this part of the world.  I have travelled extensively thoughout the Western Hemisphere and in Western Europe/Britain.

Suggestions for that time of year, considering the stopover time and the fact that I am wanting to go absolutely fanatical over that period of time, a ticking crazed lunatic.  Suggestions and direction to reserves, lodges, accommodation (no camping this time as I will have gear to be kept secure) would be most appreciated.

Maybe an opportunity to share your most thrilling short visit to Asia.
I'm willing to make a connection through anywhere.

Cheers and thank you in anticipation.

Paul