birding-aus

Singapore Bird Guides

To: <>, "Robert Davis" <>
Subject: Singapore Bird Guides
From: "Claire Stevenson" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:00:20 +0800
Hi Robert!

I'm going to Singapore for the same reason - sort of - in three weeks,
leaving Perth on the 23rd. A friend who has just returned from there brought
me back an excellent guide for Singapore and Malaysia. It is more a
photographic guide than a feild guide, but the information is excellent and
gives good and current knowledge of recommended birding sites and where to
expect to see each species. Photos are excellent and good info on local
habitats. The price on the book was $SGD49.95 ~ a little bit more $AUS. You
may be able to get it imported from a good book shop.

Strange, Morten & Jeyarajasingam, Allen (1999). "Birds: A Photographic Guide
to the Birds of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore". Sun Tree Publishing
Limited, Singapore.

I can't wait to get there. This will be my first birding trip out of
Australia and the camera and film are all ready to go! I'm particullarily
looking forward to seeing all the Sunbirds, which are apparently as common
as our honeyeaters in the gardens around Singapore. Remeber to check out
Jurong Bird Park & happy birding!

- CS