birding-aus

Close to home

To: Birds Aus <>
Subject: Close to home
From: Keith Anderson <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:43:14 +1100
Didn't have to go far Yesterday to see to Red-rumped Parrots ( Psephotus
haematonotus) in fact I just walked out the frount door and their they were
feeding on my lawn. Ha knew there was a reason i don't mow it often enough !
:)

Also yestreday I went to the Wittlesea Alpine Tobaggan Park and spotted two
Wedge-Tailed Eagles (Aquila audax) soring about 1k away. One decided to get
a lot closer.

Anyone in the area know of their breeding habits as they are about 1/2 hr
away from home i would like to try to find them next spring and record their
breeding next year on film.

Thanks
--
Keith Anderson