birding-aus

RFI THE NETHERLANDS

To: <>
Subject: RFI THE NETHERLANDS
From: "Lynn Jenkin" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:05:15 +1100
Hi all

Many thanks to all those who responded to my recent request. I have now got
lots of areas to visit, offers of places to stay, to show us around and also
have purchased Collins Bird Guide to the Birds of Britain and Europe by K
Mullarney, L Svensson, D Zetterstrom and P Grant.
It appears to be fairly comprehensive and small and easy to carry for the
first time visitor to Europe.

A thing I have noticed is that some of the birds are the same species as in
Australia e.g. Great Cormorant, Great Egret, Great Crested Grebe, Little
Bittern. Also of course a lot of the waders will be in breeding plumage in
May which will be good to see.

I will of course post a trip report when we return.

Thanks again

Dick Jenkin

Dungog NSW