birding-aus

Thylacines

To: "" <>
Subject: Thylacines
From: mark kliene <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:07:06 +1100
Hi all,
I know this is off topic but i have just read a fascinating book of
anecdotes on the Thylacine - in Tassie but also many areas in Vic,
including famous sightings since the
fifties around Wonthaggi, Foster,Loch Sport and other areas of Sth and
East Gippsland, The Wimmera, Grampians and Wilsons Prom.
My question is, does anyone have any stories or recollections of
'possible' Thylacine
sightings whilst birding/bushwalking? either by themselves or others?
I am fascinated by the mystery of existance of native animals thought or
presumed extinct, and this book has given me renewed interest!

Cheers,
Mark Kliene.