birding-aus

Fruit growers and fings .....

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Fruit growers and fings .....
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:05:23 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,
I had a short meeting today with a fine group of some
local permaculture members, the tallest there apart
from me was 5'1" hence a short meeting.

I ran this idea I've had for a while now, and tested,
about helping out people that grow fruit. Quite simply
here's what over the past few months I have tested and
trialled.

DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR OLDE COMPUTER OR MUSIC CD's? why
is that? well if you string them together then connect
them to poles or such they reflect light and swing in
a gentle breeze enough to make birds think this is not
a safe place for us to get some tucker. If you use a
mix of the olde standard size CD's with the newer
smaller ones it helps with the reflected light
patterns. I've got to the point of using fishing
swivels to allow the cd's to freely swing.

They have been tested on strawberry patches very
successfully and at present are being trialled on
small growing fruit trees, with what appears to be a
good measure of success.

Okay for that little one how about someone on this
list giving me some help with basket weaving?

Hey Alan Morris, here's your chance to call me a silly
olde basket weaver case eh? :^D and owl could I defend
that claim eh?

I wish to learn this skill to create some hanging
"finch" nestboxes if I can? if we ain't knitting Pen
Gwynne suits were able to knit with cane? hmmm cane
and able.

Potters off,
Ooroo all, JAG,
Looks like the pyjamma cricket should be over quickly
tonight eh. I wonder where those "Black backed Kiwi's
have got too? hey that's good time to watch the
birding show tonight? "The Bill"