birding-aus

Re: Oriental Pratincole

To: <>
Subject: Re: Oriental Pratincole
From: "Adam Lamb" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:37:52 +1000
I'm kicking myself!

I have just returned from my annual pilgrimage from Brisbane to Sydney, and returned via the New England Highway.  I stopped at Guyra along the way, and visited Mother of Ducks Lagoon and Little Llangothlin Lake.  Apart from good views of two Marsh Harriers and Whiskered Terns at Mother of Ducks, I didn't find much else of interest.  Probably would have seen more at Little Llangothlin had I stayed longer and had a good look, but I was immediately engulfed by a choking swarm of flies as soon as I stepped out of the car, so I decided to call it a day!

It serves me right for not checking the web since late December, or I would have definitely visited Dangars Lagoon on the way back!

Next time...

Carl Corden
Brisbane, Queensland