birding-aus

New Year and Send in the Clouds

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: New Year and Send in the Clouds
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:00:40 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,

Firstly may I wish you all the very best of health,
and may I also wish that this year brings you the
birds you have always wanted to see, and richrodly
deserve seeing :^D>>>>>>>>>

My first birds seen this year apart from "Eggbertina"
'Eggy' for short, or on the phone I wish that she was,
plus her four other indoor cohorts in mimicry, was in
fact a "masked lapwing" seen just outside my front
door at 12:03 tapping at the front door trying to
escape the noise and loud fireworks no doubt?

Anyway I let her in and she partied with the inmates
for about an hour then went back out when things got
quieter for her to go outside ..... a pretty little
thing that made friends with all inside. I forgot to
take some photo's of her dancing with Ros ... what a
colour spectacular they made.

Looks like ELVIS is working hard in New South Wales
and that's great to see and hear eh :^D nothing better
then to hear ELVIS singing eh :-]

Weather here is still cold with dark skies and the
threathening chance of another heavy downpour? friends
have headed off sailing down to Lakes Entrance and
when back they will give me a birding report to
forward on to this list.

It's good to see, so many humans coming through the
bush fires of New South Wales, I wish a few more
mammals had fared the same way.

Take Care out there,
JAG der Whag

Hey Unca Tones, despite the fact you might hear that
"Eggy" eats Nescafe granules! she ate one, it
doesn't mean she got to the contents of your bottle
:^D