birding-aus

WTN's for Mike.

Subject: WTN's for Mike.
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:59:14 +1100 (EST)
Hi Mike and others.

My fire season finally started on the 28th of December, unlike Sydney,
Melbourne
is having one of its coldest starts to summer on record and we are getting
pretty
desperate for some warm weather.

At Mt Beenak Fire Lookout again about 60 kilometres east of Melbourne.  On the
first day there was about 60 White-throated Needletails flying around my ears.
So they probably arrived before the lookout opened.

Did notice they where fairly active around the Quenbeyan Bushfires (Canberra
ACT)
fires, but none at the Hawksbury fire.

Mike, could you please send me your email address, so I can send emails to you
directly.  WTN get a good run each year on birding-aus.

Hope everybody is safe for the New Year and this rain quickly leaves Melbourne
and heads to the fire fighters up north.

Paul.