birding-aus

burdekin duck

To: <>
Subject: burdekin duck
From: "Norm Canton" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:11:48 +1000
Can anyone tell me the origins of the name Burdekin Duck (aka Radjah Shelduck)?  My own sightings of this wonderful animal are from Darwin and the Daintree, and there are regular reports from Mackay - Rockhampton; but I have yet to hear of one turning up in the Burdekin.

Incidentally, I too was zapped by badtrans_B - (the attachment opens automatically once the message is reached) and apologise to anyone who received it from me during the ricochet. I have upgraded my anti-virus software and using greater vigilance.

Alex Appleman
Townsville