birding-aus

Birds Australia WA web site

Subject: Birds Australia WA web site
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:02:20 +0800
Birds Australia Western Australia (Inc) now has our own web site:

http://birdswa.iinet.net.au

I am the current web developer with the assistance of a number of people. Our site is still under fairly intense development, but most information should be available by the end of January.

The web site has the general details of the group, but the major reason for creating the web site is to publish our excellent and extensive range of WA bird guide brochures that cover many areas of the state and Perth. Formerly you had to collect these guides from the BAWA office, or from the local shire or council. You can now view and print these guides from the web. We will also be able to create bird guides for new areas without the cost of the print run.

A few samples have been published, but the entire range of bird guides is currently being edited (and several new guides being created) thanks to a grant from the Lotteries Commission of WA and these should mostly be published during December.

The web site also has the WA Unusual Bird Sightings. I am currently the person collecting the unusual sightings for WA (and Christmas & Cocos Islands). I will publish these on the web site, and collate the best sightings each quarter for WA Bird Notes. So please email your WA sightings to me at