birding-aus

New BIRDING-NZ Newsgroup

To: birding aus <>
Subject: New BIRDING-NZ Newsgroup
From: Brent Stephenson <>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:08:36 +1300
Hi all,

Thought I would let you all know about another new newsgroup, which may interest those of you who like to hear what your trans-Tasman rivals are up to in the bird world.

A BIRDING-NZ newsgroup has been planned for a while now, but we had the problem of where in cyber-space to situate it without it costing an arm and a leg (or should that be wing??). However, thanks to Trevor Hardaker's recent email (thanks Trevor!!) regarding the megabirds newsgroup, I discovered the fact that Yahoo! provide newsgroup facilities for free. So I started the group last week and below is some information for those interested.

Cheers

Brent Stephenson

The Newsgroup description is

This newsgroup is for the distribution of information regarding birding and birds in New Zealand. Its primary purpose is to enable birders to immediately broadcast rare/unusual bird sightings to other interested birders. However, relevant information on birding, birding locations, and birds in New Zealand is also a function of the group.

You do not have to be a Yahoo! user to join the group, or have a Yahoo! email address, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE GROUP TO SEND AN EMAIL TO IT.

To subscribe to the group send a blank email from your existing email address to

To start sending messages to the group, send an email to

If you do not wish to belong to BIRDING-NZ once you have joined, you may unsubscribe by sending a blank email to

To learn more about the BIRDING-NZ group, including all the information above, as well as a description of the group, recent postings, etc., please visit